Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Craziest thing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Craziest thing

    My oldest daughter graduates high school here in a few weeks, and I've almost become a basket case. Merely thinking about her leaving the nest brings tears to my eyes and has even led to a few outright sob sessions! Just want to encourage all of you parents to make the most of every day with your kids, as time swiftly escapes us. Parenting is the most difficult job in the world, but also the most rewarding.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Craziest thing

    Wait till you have to walk her down the aisle, and plant those butterfly kisses. Real good post. That's what life is all about.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #3
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Craziest thing

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait till you have to walk her down the aisle, and plant those butterfly kisses. </div></div>

    Man, I dread that day. And to think I have to do it 4 times!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Craziest thing

    Wel, old man, I understand your feelings. I noticed at the PV Graduation when my boys graduated, that it was the fathers having the hardest time. After they finish high school, it is never quite the same. Hang in there, you have some excellent kids. Very pretty also, but I guess we can thank their mother for that.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Craziest thing

    I'm graduating soon. The pressure is on.
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Craziest thing

    Just when I need some encouragement, along comes one retiredteach! JK, I am having a difficult time with this whole process. I appreciate your compliments...I personally believe that I have the most beautiful daughters in all three PV schools...and they all look just like me!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Craziest thing

    You could get banned for not telling the truth. They are very sweet also, especially the one that works at Mutual. Always very helpful. I can't remember my parents having a hard time when I graduated. Perhaps they couldn't believe it.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member GCHSBLUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Craziest thing

    Let me help you out a little boney. The first one is hard. The last one is even harder. My youngest graduates in 3 weeks. I had enough trouble with the prom. I will probably be a basket case graduation night. Enjoy them while you can. You only have them for a little while.

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Craziest thing

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My oldest daughter graduates high school here in a few weeks, and I've almost become a basket case. Merely thinking about her leaving the nest brings tears to my eyes and has even led to a few outright sob sessions! Just want to encourage all of you parents to make the most of every day with your kids, as time swiftly escapes us. Parenting is the most difficult job in the world, but also the most rewarding. </div></div>


    Yes.. dont remind me I dread that day [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Craziest thing

    My little girl just turned 7. I don't want to even think about it.

    Got a son graduating in two years, I know it will be an adjustment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •